Sunday, March 31, 2013

The silhouette of the night

Frist try on a text by Eric Chevillard, from his book Du Hérisson.

To stick to the text, I should cut the paper in a rectangular shape but I'll continue to search for other solutions before considering this as the right version.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Vine on zinc

Part of an ongoing project, a white vine pattern on zinc, engraved with acid.

Ce circle is approximatively 4cm in diameter

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Acid 2 - Benoit 0

New fail while using acid to engrave a plate of metal. I left the plate a bit too long in the acid-bath and lost the beginning of the sentence.

Six hours of work to the bin...

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cthulhu - step2

Second step of my work on the text by H.P. Lovecraft, engraving on zinc integrated in the slate.

Sunday, March 17, 2013


First step of a new work on slate.

This time, I took a good quality slate plate and, apart from a little shard on a letter of the penultimate line, I had no accident to deplore.
Still a lot of work to do as I intend to add another line from H. P. Lovecraft's writings to this work. To be followed ...

While waiting, you can have a look to these two close-ups of the current engraving :

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mixed media

Here is a first draft of a mixed media work, just to see whether it has an interest from a graphical & visual point of view.

As for me, the answer is definitively yes even if, for this trial, I used a bad quality slate which broke at the last minute.
To be tried once more so, this time with better materials and probably a more ambitious work. 

Monday, March 4, 2013

Painting the street

I've been playnig with man hole covers but it's not enough.
The street is not only man hole covers, it also has pedestrian crossing and asphalt.
So here is my first version of an urban landscape, there will be others as I'm not totally satisfied with this one.

First some close-ups :

And then a view of the whole thing :

Sunday, March 3, 2013


I continue to play with man hole covers. Here is an embossing made with a new design, I used wallnut stain & ferro-gallic ink to imitate the color of the cast iron.