Monday, September 22, 2014

Eclipse

Back to work on paper.

A little pic of my ongoing work...



To be continued...

Friday, September 12, 2014

stuff

Still no time (or desire?) to start new and large works, so I do little things while testing electro-etching.

A new filigree pattern, a bit smaller than the first one :


And a new seal made from a bolt, this time using a new and more little one :


Tuesday, September 2, 2014

slate engraving

You know about my obsession for filigrees and my yearning for engraving, here is a little try mixing both with a pattern I invented engraved on slate with a simple nail.


The pattern is approximately 2cm large, now that I proved that it is possible, I can try more ambitious works :-)

Sunday, August 31, 2014

rust & vine

After quite a long time under the rain, followed by a scraping, more rain and a final sanding, I still can't get the expected result from the plate I already told you about here.


It's not bad, it's just that I was waiting for something else.
I think it will go back to rust in the garden :-)

Sunday, August 24, 2014

50%

I've just finished two little brooches (approx. 2.5cm in diameter) and failed the etching of one of them :-/


The knotwork I made with acid etching and the filigrees with electro-etching. This one got eaten on the edges and I'll have to redo it. 50% of success, I have to improve the ratio :-)

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bolt

Digging in the garden, I made an almost archeological discovery, an old bolt eaten by rust. I cleaned it a bit, not too much for the patina to remain and, as I found it really beautiful, I decided to find another use for it.


I turned it into a seal by electro-etching a man hole cover pattern on his head.


And the result is perfectly functional as you can see.


This is how to turn rubbish into design and original object :-)



Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ar Rannou

I've just finished a work started years ago, that was left unfinished because of an overdose of knotwork.


It is a breton text from the Barzaz Breizh, a collection of songs published by Th. de La Villemarqué in the XIXth century.
I used a semi uncial for the text, séparating each verse by a knotwork panel and ending by the title in drawn capitals inspired by the Lindisfarne Gospel. To breathe modernity into the work, I took colors different from the ones used historically, using only earth pigments (Sienna, Umbria, ...).

Another detail can be seen here, and the whole work, there.